Purgex™ 461 commercial purging compound is a ready-to-use blend consisting of active ingredients with a polyethylene carrier. Purgex products have mechanical activity for efficient cleaning, foaming action for enhanced mixing and a lubricant for easy removal. All active ingredients in Purgex are Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) by the U.S. FDA.
- Blend, polyethylene and an FDA-approved active component
- Non-toxic, non-abrasive, and safe
- Ready to use and easy to remove
Features and Benefits
- Designed specifically for blown film applications, Purgex 461 cleans the extruder, screen pack housing and die/manifold, removing all types of contamination and improving overall film appearance.
- Also good for extrusion sheet applications.
- Effective for frequent purging schedules.
- May be used in certain extrusion lines without removing screen pack.
- Thorough cleaning of melt pumps and is safely processed through dies as small as .030-inch (.75mm).
- Efficient removal of compostable and biodegradable resins.
- With regular use, Purgex forms a temporary barrier which protects steel surfaces from oxidation, extending the cleaning process.