Purgex™ 456 Plus commercial purging compound is a ready-to-use blend consisting of active ingredients with a polyethylene carrier. Purgex purging compounds have mechanical activity for efficient cleaning, foaming action for enhanced mixing and a lubricant for easy removal. All active ingredients in Purgex are Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) by the U.S. FDA. If you are new to Purgex and want to understand how purging compounds work, please visit our what is a purging compound page.
- Blend, polyethylene, and an FDA-approved active component
- Non-toxic, non-abrasive, and safe
- Ready to use and easy to remove
Features and Benefits
- Designed for color and/or material changes on many different resins plus efficient cleaning of hot runner systems, Purgex 456 Plus has proven versatility on a wide range of resins such as HDPE, LDPE, and PP-Copolymer.
- Engineered for rapid turnaround on color and material changes. Efficiently removes residual contamination.
- Effectively cleans the barrel, screw, check ring, as well as hot runner systems and is safely processed through hot runner gates as small as .030-inch (.75mm).
- Thorough cleaning of melt pumps and is safely processed through dies as small as .030-inch (.75mm).
- Active components in Purgex 456 Plus neutralize acid gases generated by PVC.
- With regular use, Purgex forms a temporary barrier which protects steel surfaces from oxidation, extending the cleaning process.