Polyethylene Purging Compounds
Purgex™ 456 Plus commercial purging compound is a ready-to-use blend consisting of active ingredients with a polyethylene carrier. Purgex polyethylene purging compounds have mechanical activity for efficient cleaning, foaming action for enhanced mixing, and a lubricant for easy removal. In addition, purging compounds for color changes ensures your colors don’t mix. If you are new to Purgex and want to understand how purging compounds work, please visit our what is a purging compound page.
Polyethylene Purging Compound Description
- Blend & polyethylene and an active component
- Non-toxic, non-abrasive, and safe
- Ready to use and easy to remove
Purging Compounds Color Changes
Purgex™ 456 Plus was created with efficient and effective color changes in mind. Our product offers a variety of features and benefits for cleaning your systems. View all features and benefits below:
- Designed for color and/or material changes on many different resins plus efficient cleaning of hot runner systems, Purgex 456 Plus has proven versatility on a wide range of resins such as HDPE, LDPE, and PP-Copolymer.
- Engineered for rapid turnaround on material and color changes. Efficiently removes residual contamination.
- Effectively cleans the barrel, screw, check ring, as well as hot runner systems and is safely processed through hot runner gates as small as .030-inch (.75mm).
- Thorough cleaning of melt pumps and is safely processed through dies as small as .030-inch (.75mm).
- Active components in Purgex 456 Plus neutralize acid gases generated by PVC.
- With regular use, Purgex forms a temporary barrier that protects steel surfaces from oxidation, extending the cleaning process.
We can provide the best purging compound for your specific cleaning process by offering different types of purging compounds that effectively and efficiently clean your system. Contact us today to speak to a team member and find the best purging compound for your application.