Purgex™ 456 Plus commercial purging compound is a ready-to-use blend consisting of active ingredients with a polyethylene carrier. Purgex purging compounds have mechanical activity for efficient cleaning, foaming action for enhanced mixing and a lubricant for easy removal. If you are new to Purgex and want to understand how purging compounds work, please visit our what is a purging compound page.
- Blend & polyethylene and an active component
- Non-toxic, non-abrasive, and safe
- Ready to use and easy to remove
Features and Benefits
- Designed for color and/or material changes on many different resins plus efficient cleaning of hot runner systems, Purgex 456 Plus has proven versatility on a wide range of resins such as HDPE, LDPE, and PP-Copolymer.
- Engineered for rapid turnaround on color and material changes. Efficiently removes residual contamination.
- Effectively cleans the barrel, screw, check ring, as well as hot runner systems and is safely processed through hot runner gates as small as .030-inch (.75mm).
- Thorough cleaning of melt pumps and is safely processed through dies as small as .030-inch (.75mm).
- Active components in Purgex 456 Plus neutralize acid gases generated by PVC.
- With regular use, Purgex forms a temporary barrier which protects steel surfaces from oxidation, extending the cleaning process.